Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Pondering a daily devotional practice

I spent a good amount of time yesterday reading my copy of Our Own Druidry, which came in the mail on Friday.  Right now I'm just trying to take it all in, without really focusing on "doing."  My plan is to read it through once to get an overview and then begin actually working through it.  I had hoped that I might get a chance to meditate again in the evening but a certain two year's olds two hour bedtime left me a little cranky so I cuddled up and fell asleep to a tv show instead. 

This morning I got up and meditated and began to think about ways I could turn that morning meditation into a daily ritual.  I know that for me I need to start simply, a candle, a flower, a glass of water?  I may try to add elements into tomorrow. 

And now I hear the footsteps of said two year old a floor above me... so its time to stop typing and start our day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment